Tuesday, February 15, 2011

JENGA 2.0

This installment of JENGA was to add a half story to the design from JENGA 1.0. The cardinal rule was that we had to use exactly fifty percent of the total area, nothing more, nothing less. With this rule and confidence in hand, I started to find a cohesive design for the whole space. I knew that I wanted to give character and purpose to my ceiling and windows, which were lacking in my previous design. So I thought what if I reflected the pattern of the floor on the ceiling? After I completed the design I felt that it was still missing something. It was at this point that I decided to transform the extrusions on the ceiling into lights. I still felt that the space lacked cohesiveness. Through the repetition of materials the space now had clarity and consistency.







I immensely enjoyed looking at everyones designs for the spaces they were assigned. I felt that they all were a big improvement from where we all started. I enjoyed the wonderful craft that Kara Cooy displayed in the execution of her physical model. I felt that Blakeni and Faith did an excellent job diagramming their spaces. I feel that most everyones designs were well conveyed but everyone needs to leave more time for the board layout, thus enhancing project communications.

No comments: