Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Big Picture


As the new semester begins and the snow is falling, the first assignment is to discuss our personal goals that we hope to achieve this semester. Most of my goals are self improvement oriented, which there is always room for.  But some I hope to achieve through the feedback I receive from my superiors and my peers. I am very excited to discover what style of design clicks well with me and comes naturally. I know that I am well on my way to designing with confidence; I feel at times I should take more risks with my designs or the way I communicate them. I can’t wait to cross these goals out!
 Also on the first day we did a survey called the “change style indicator.” And this places the user in one of three categories: strong conserver, pragmatists, or strong originators. It was of no surprise to me that I was in the strong originators group because I feel that I tend to see the big picture and designs within their context. But the survey is not one hundred percent accurate because I appreciate tradition and I’m sometimes reluctant to change. But the exercise allowed fellow classmates to see what kind of personality one another had, which will be very useful when we move to group projects. I am really looking forward to see how this system is implemented or if it changes minds in the selecting process. I think that the groups will have a very strong design ethic and personality among them. 

No comments: